Wednesday 22 September 2010

It's been awhile (TSPO and Korn)

Dear visitors,

A little bit longer than planned, but I'm back again. Not that I've been away. I didn't left the country. Just took some leave from blogging for an unspecified amount of time. I had enough things/subjects to blog about, it was just a matter of other things on my mind, lack of energy, focus etc...

When it comes to music I didn't kept completely quiet the past 7, 8 months. I just didn't blog about it that's all.

In my next post I will give you an update on the concerts that I, often accompanied by wy wife N., visited the past 9 or 10 months with some videos.

In this post I'll give a short report on two concerts that we visited last Friday and Sunday.

Friday N. and I went to Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra (TSPO) from Japan together with an ex-colleague and her friend at "De Melkweg", Amsterdam. For N. and I it was the fourth time to see TSPO. If you're in for a fun night with a good band
and music that puts a smile on your face you won't be disappointed with TSPO.

I posted here about TSPO before about the second time that we saw them.

Last Friday I managed to shoot a video and made some pics with my newest aquisition, a Panasonic TZ10. The video I'll show below. For the pics I would like to refer you to my photoweblog BrownNoisePhotos. Enjoy them.



Here's another video shot by someone else that I've embedded.



The next clip is an official clip of their song "Pride of Lions", followed by the live video from last Friday. I find this melody very cheerful and express completely where TSPO imho stands for: Good music played by good musicians, and music that puts a smile on your face and makes you forget your sorrows for one and a half hour.





More videos can be found at TSPO's YouTube channel Tokyoskanet


Korn at HMH, Amsterdam. Musicwise a bit different than TSPO, and that's an understatement. Lets say that we have a wide range of musical interests. From classical music, to jazz to ska and metal.

Anyway, the Korn-concert was cool and awesome, different than TSPO but both good in their own right. I didn't took my camera with me, so I didn't shoot videos and pics myself, but I've embedded two videos from YouTube shot by others.

I especially liked the drummer of the band, Ray Luzier, a full time member of the band since April 2009.

I've embedded two videos of the concert. the first one contains the opening of the show and the second one contains a drum solo by Ray Luzier, which probably shows why I liked him, followed by "Freak on a leash

Enjoy them. More videos of the concert can be found here.




No comments: